M4 International Elective Experience
OverviewEach year about 60 fourth-year medical students choose to spend one of their elective months on an international elective.
EligibilityU-M Ann Arbor M4 Medical students are eligible.
M4 students who are interested in applying for Global REACH funding should also complete the scholarship application, which is also available in M-Compass: https://mcompass.umich.edu/?go=M4Grant
Application ProceduresAdditional Info Use the 'Apply Now' button* at the top of this page to begin your application, which consists of the following elements:
- Complete M4 International Elective proposal
- Signed Participation Agreement for International Travel
- Upload proof of Travel Abroad Health Insurance (HTH)
- Read Global Engagement Handbook, HIV Post-Exposure (PEP) Handbook
- Complete 4 quizzes of Handbook material
- Provide host country contact information
- Provide passport information
- Provide travel itinerary details (host country/ies & travel dates)
Need to KnowStudents must complete OMSE and Global REACH Requirements. For more information, see the following website: http://globalreach.med.umich.edu/education/students/elective
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Victor Vaughan Building, 2nd Floor
1111 East Catherine Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2054
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.